2 October 2010 - 7 hours
Before the Pusat Ehsan Bazaar I was looking forward to helping people out but all I did for the day was stand behind a drink stand selling drinks, I was really bored but then I felt that it was for a good cause so it was important that I stayed there helping. Even though I didn’t do much in the sense of selling drinks I was able to talk to the ladies that I was working with and I talked to them about how Pusat Ehsan. Pusat Ehsan is a charity for the disabled and some of the lady’s I was working with were people from Pusat Ehsan, I felt really bad that they could live the way they did. Generally when I see disabled people I feel really sad because I can’t imagine how tough their life would have been and I, personally, would not know how to handle living with those disabilities myself. The fact that there are so many disabled people in the world that no one helps truly appalls me. During the day, because the ladies did not speak very good English, I had the chance to practice my Bahasa Malayu. At the end of the day we just helped pack everything up and we went to receive our certificates for helping out.
• increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
• worked collaboratively with others
• engaged with issues of global importance

No comments:
Post a Comment