FOBISSEA - 20 November 2010 - 10 hours
So today was athletics in the morning and swimming in the evening, for swimming I was one of the people doing track events, so all the running stuff. We were all designated a place and I chose first place. We had to pay close attention to what happening and then make sure then once we knew who got the position we had we had to make sure they sat down on their place chairs. It all sounds easy and most of it was except the part when you took the people to the chairs at the end of the race the 1st place people would be celebrating and hugging people and everything and I mean that’s understandable but then when they started going somewhere else and you were trying to tell them “can you please come this way?” it was quite crazy.
For swimming there were more people there than the teachers needed and in the end I was sat on the side of the pool with Amalina and another teacher watching the lightning warning machine, throughout the entire night there was lightning quite far away which wasn’t a big threat but then around half way through at 845 or so it started to rain and then the lightning machine said that lighting was close by so everyone had to get out of the pool. Then it started pouring so everyone had to get up to the bleachers. The rest of the swimming was cancelled.
• increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
• undertaken new challenges
• worked collaboratively with others
FOBISSEA - 21 November 2010 - 5 hours
This morning was football, I was assigned as a linesman, I’d never been a linesman before so I wasn’t really sure other than the way I point the flag when the ball goes out I was quite clueless but as the day went on I noticed the ref didn’t really pay attention to me, well he did with outs so I really had to pay attention. This was actually quite difficult because sometimes I’d be refereeing a game when I wanted to watch the other so when the ball went out I always snuck a peak at how the other game was going. It wasn’t hard to stay unbiased but there were times at the beginning where I made mistakes by pointing the wrong way because I got confused but after a while I got used to it. Along with refereeing between games or mainly after a game there were times I’d be busy consoling my friends on the football team, there were 2 girls in the ISB team that are good friends of mine and they were both injured so it was quite a hard day for them. Another thing is because I had no shoes and the field was very muddy by the end of the day my legs were covered in mud but honestly it felt so good though, the food seeping through my feet was such a good feeling for some reason.
• increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
• undertaken new challenges
• worked collaboratively with others
• developed new skills
INTERNATIONAL DAY - … November 2010 - … hours
Football (Assistant) - 11 Jan 2011 - 1.5 hours
This term, because football is focused of the Under 13 team, instead of playing I'm helping Ms. Jancox coach the girls instead. It wasn't new to me since I've been coaching Middle-school girls football for the past 2 years in Japan. Since this was my first week I didn't plan any of the drills or anything but i basically just helped Ms. Hancox with the drills she planned. It was a more fitness orientated practice though so I was able to work on my fitness which was not very good at all.
• increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
• worked collaboratively with others
Football (Assistant) - 18 Jan 2011 - 1.5 hours
This I organised the drills and I focused on passing drills. I'd never actually thought up drills before so i basically just used drills that I used to have to do when I played. It was a lot more difficult teaching the girls here how to kick, they messed around a lot and some really did not have basic ball handling skills. I wish the girls would just try a bit harder to improve their ball skills, some of them are really good and some have potential. I want to try and get them to focus a bit more so they improve. Ms. Hanco and I were talking about it and thought next week we should continue with the ball handling and just keep doing the same thing trying to get them to develop those skills.
• increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
• worked collaboratively with others
Football (Assistant) - 1 Feb 2011 - 1.5 hours
This week we we basically continued the ball skills but I changed some things around a little bit. I wanted the girls to be able to lift the ball but then whenever they lifted it to pass it never got to the person or it didn't get off the ground so I thought the best way to fix this was everyone would take turns lifting the ball, not to anyone just lift it up and there would be some people to collect those balls. Once they could life the balls up then then transition to the next level with a partner that could lift as well. With that they'd be able to concentrate solely on lifting first then once they had the hang of that they would learn to direct that kick to a specific person.
• increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
• undertaken new challenges
• worked collaboratively with others
No comments:
Post a Comment