JIS Football Funday was a great experience for me and I think it really tested my teaching and organizational abilities. I was in charge of the Under 13’s teams, that meant that I had to make sure that the team stuck together, and that I everyone was ready to play at the start of the match because if we were late it would be an automatic loss. Generally I’m not very organized so when I was told that I was responsible for all this I was quite nervous. Previously I have had experience in coaching a young girl’s football team, I have attended practices for middle school girls for the past two years in my school in Japan but I’d never been in charge of them during a competition without the help of a teacher. The starting point was the hardest part because I had to calm the girls down and figure out how to organize the team during a game. Since I have played with most of the girls I know what positions they play but I was unsure which were the stronger players because when they practice most of them still just mess about. The team was very active so it was quite hard to keep them calm so that they did not waste their energy between matches. I was able to play each of the players and but as the group stages progressed I played the stronger player more often for longer time periods, I felt bad about that some of the girls didn’t get to play as much in the last few games but then it was either risk the weaker players making a mistake and losing or keep the stronger players on and play the weaker players when the team got ahead. Normally this has been the method that I have played with during sports competitions and though some of the girls may have wanted to played more I made sure to play them in the games against the weaker teams. When it comes to sports I get angry and frustrate quite easily but during the games I was able to stay calm and organize the players without getting worked up, this may be due to the fact that my team was a good team and I could see they were trying their best so there was no need to push them any harder. At the end of the day three teams (mine being one of them) were tied and another was an Under 15 team that should not have been in the competition, the officials decided on a final between the under 15 team and the other team, we felt that this was unfair and since the under 15 were not going to win a trophy no matter what the final was then played between us and another team. We won the final and came first. I thought the girls did really well.• increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
• undertaken new challenges
• worked collaboratively with others
• developed new skills
No comments:
Post a Comment