Sunday, January 9, 2011

CREATIVITY - 20.6 hours

Fashion Show - 17 August 2010 - 4 Hours
Today the year group had to create a fashion show that used environmentally friendly clothes. We were put into groups of 5, it was my first day of school so I didn’t really know anyone so I was a bit nervous at the start but as the activity progressed I felt a lot more at ease. We had to make a formal evening gown and a casual outfit. With the evening gown we thought of a dress made out of newspaper would be good so we tried using the newspaper to go around and then have a belt of CD’s. It was a good idea but then it became too hard to stick the CD’s onto the newspaper and they started falling off and it was really difficult for them to go round the person so we decided against it. As the formal gown didn’t work out so well I decided I would try formal gown while the two other group members thought of ideas for the formal dress. At first we tried to use the newspaper to make shorts for the casual outfit but it didn’t work either so we decided not to use newspaper so we went looking for new supplies and found a plastic bag at first we were thinking of making it into a top but then we ended up making it into bikini bottoms. We didn’t have enough plastic left to make a bikini top so we thought of using the CD’s as the bikini top so what we did was we used string to tie up the CD’s and that made the bikini top. After we had completed the casual outfit we decided to go back to the formal gown we tried out a bunch of ideas and nothing seemed to be working then we saw one of the girls in a big bin bag and we thought we would use that so what we did was we ripped parts of the bag and just got it around the girl and we used cut up bottles as bracelets for the accessories.
After this I was nominated as the person to go up and talk about who was our inspiration and what our clothes represented. I’ve been in numerous speech contests and everything but I was really nervous because I didn’t know anyone and it wasn't as if I would never see these people ever again they would the people I would go to school with so I didn’t really want to embarrass myself or anything. It was ok; it wasn’t actually a big deal everyone was just joking around and I was glad I wasn’t one of the models since they had to walk down in their clothes in front of a group of little kids. After seeing everyone’s clothes I thought about how interesting it would be if we actually started wearing recyclable clothes, I don’t think any of the clothes were very fashionable but it is possible for us to survive without the clothes we are wearing today and I think that recyclable accessories would be too bad.
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
undertaken new challenges
worked collaboratively with others
engaged with issues of global importance
developed new skills

Computer Graphics Club - 30 August 2010 - 1.5 hours
I was quite excited about the club before I joined, I’ve had a bit of experience with computer graphics but I got a bad computer so I wasn’t able to use Photoshop so I had to use gimp which Yee Thong didn’t like using. I’d used gimp before for my artwork and everything so I was able to play around with it and re-familiarise myself with it.
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth

Computer Graphics Club - 6 September 2010 - 1.25 hours
This week I got to use a computer with adobe Photoshop so there were a lot more tricks I could do on the computer. First I was to choose a picture then copy that picture and draw the outline of it. This wasn’t very difficult except when some of the lines got jumbled up and I the lines were too close together so it all stuck together and just made a blob which was not good.
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
undertaken new challenges
developed new skills

Computer Graphics Club - 20 September 2010 - 1.25 hours
Today we just continued working on our artwork thing on the computer, I really like the way mine’s working out. I’m doing a cartoon dog but I’m making it purple and pink, it’s quite cute the purple and pink is just kind of crazy but I guess that reflects on me.
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth

Computer Graphics Club - 27 September 2010 - 1.25 hours
My piece it getting quite frustrating it’s really hard to blend the colours I mean it’s way easier than actually painting the thing since blending paint is a real pain but then here it’s just blending and then I blend more than the colours I intended to blend as I’m using a mouse so it’s much harder than having a pencil to do it nicely. And another thing is it’s so hard to keep everything in the lines I keep colouring then erasing then erasing a bit of the colour so I have to colour again and then erase again it’s quite a deadly annoying cycle.
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth

Computer Graphics Club - 4 October - 1.25 hours
I was getting quite bored of my piece so I was quite lucky today when Yee Thong told us to draw something on paper. We were meant to draw a comic strip. I’m not exactly good at drawing, I tend to need to look at something and draw from it so I basically spent my time drawing stick men talking to each other about random stuff, it was similar to these stick men cartoons. à [PICTURE]
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth

Computer Graphics Club - 11 October 2010 - 1.25 hours
Today I basically just thought I’d colour my whole thing, that was my plan but that didn’t actually happen I’m too much of a perfectionist sometimes I don’t like just painting everything and see how everything turns out I like to plan out my work and all the it’s something my art teacher in my old school used to really get at me for but by the end of IGCSE I’d become a lot better, I think it was a lot to do with his influence though I don’t feel much like an artist now without his guidance.
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth

Computer Graphics Club - 25 October 2010 - 1.25 hours
This week I finally was able to finishing off my dog. It turned out quite nice even though it wasn’t realistic and the only thing I really did was colour it in. There were benefits with creating an image on the computer but there were also drawbacks. The nice thing about this was that the quality of the image and colours were really good, normally when you take a picture of a piece of artwork the colours aren’t as bright as they should be and all on the other hand it would have been a lot easier to have just printed the picture and coloured over it with colour pencil.
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth

Haunted House Preparation - …... November 2010 - 1 hours
I signed up to help out with the haunted house but then it was for little kids so it couldn’t be too scary, that sucked to be honest but oh well. I wasn’t really super involved in this, I’m not sure what’s meant to be in this haunted house but I’ve been to pretty good haunted houses so I just give people my ideas with stuff when something comes up. Roz and stuff are thinking of what supplies we should get and everything and we’re all looking around the art room to see if we can find anything that we could use. I was thinking about how we would re-arrange the art room so that we can fit as much in as possible but also not over-crowd the place. Another thing is that we can’t let them see what is around the rest of the haunted house or else they won’t get scared.
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
undertaken new challenges
worked collaboratively with others

Haunted House Preparation - ….. November 2010 - 1 hours
International Day is tomorrow so today we had to have everything sorted for the haunted house. What we did was arrange the tables (which didn’t take too long) then we had to stick up the black paper on the windows so that the place would be pitch black tomorrow. I was assigned to sticking up the paper along with some other people, it proved to be quite difficult because making it really dark was really hard because just a bit of light seeping through allowed you to see basically everything.
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
undertaken new challenges
worked collaboratively with others

International Day (Haunted House) - …… November 2010 - 1 hours
Today was on crazy day, especially in the haunted house. I spent the whole day in there and good lord the drama. The morning we were just setting up, putting the final touches to everything. I don’t know why but I just decided to put make up on my face so I looked like the joker / a dead ghost lady kind, it was amazing how many kids were scared by it but then some kids weren’t scared at all. It really annoyed me how all the kids were so different so I was just like why don’t you ask the kids what they want before they come in, but some people still didn’t do that. Finally after ages they finally started asking the kids what they wanted before they came in so it was better because the kids that asked for “really scary” either weren’t scared or they didn’t start crying. At first I was really enjoying myself, part of it was because I got to scare little kids but then after the day went by it just got really boring. At the end everyone was just happy to have everything done with. I could finally eat!
undertaken new challenges
worked collaboratively with others

Creativy Classes - 11 Jan 2011 - 40 mins
We started painging the wall behind the hall today. We had to make the perfect shade of grey and it was actually quite difficult. It's quite rare that I get to paint walls so it was a rare occasion. For this we had to make sure we worked together well because if the shades of grey were different for each person the painting would look rather odd. We were also painting on top of eachother so we had to be careful not to drip paint on someone else.
worked collaboratively with others

Creativity Classes - 18 Jan 2011 - 40 mins
Today we were painting wooden plank things white but the paint had gone off so it was really smelly. It wasn't a very challenging task except for the fact that we had to endure the stench of the pain the entire time.
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth

Creativity Classes - 25 Jan 2011 - 40 mins
Over the past week some little kids had painted on our white backgrounds on the plank things and we were meant to try and fix up the piantings a little because some of them were a bit weird. I just fixed the sunset on one of the pieces, I thought it looked ok, it wasn't the best painting I've done but I felt that i blended the colours well and it looked kind of nice I guess.
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth

Creativity Classes - 2 Feb 2011 - 40 mins
Today we were making a giant fence, like it was twice my height. Basically we just stack the bamboos on the wire and tied them to it so it wouldn't fall, the boys did most of the work while the girls just cut the wire and gave it to them. I tried help with tying the wire around the bamboo but wasn't really strong enough.
undertaken new challenges
worked collaboratively with others
increased their awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth

.....

No comments:

Post a Comment